The LinkSwitch-PH dramatically simplifies implementation of LED drivers requiring PF > 0.9, TRIAC dimming and high efficiency. The highly integrated controller eliminates passive circuitry required for power factor correction, optocoupler and secondary current control circuitry. LinkSwitch-PH introduces a new control technique that provides very high power factor and accurate output current control.
LinkSwitch-PH incorporates a 725 V power MOSFET, a continuous-mode PWM controller, a high voltage switched current source for self biasing, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown circuitry, all in a monolithic IC.
Dramatically Simplifies Off-line LED Drivers
- Single stage power factor correction and accurate constant current (CC) output
- Flicker-free phase-controlled TRIAC dimming
- Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary current control circuitry
- Eliminates all control loop compensation circuitry
- Simple primary-side PWM dimming interface
Accurate and Consistent Performance
- Compensates for transformer inductance tolerances
- Compensates for line input voltage variations
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter size and costs
Advanced Protection and Safety Features
- Auto-restart for short circuit protection
- Open circuit fault detection mode
- Automatic thermal shutdown or restart with hysteresis
- Meets high voltage creepage requirement between DRAIN and all other pins both on PCB and at package
EcoSmart® – Energy Efficient
- Low standby power remote ON/OFF feature (< 50 mW at 230 VAC)
- No current sense resistors – maximizes efficiency Green Package
- Halogen free and ROHS compliant package Applications
- Offline LED driver
|Output Power Table1, 2|
RV = 2 MΩ
RV = 4 MΩ
|LNK403/413E/L||2.5 W||4.5 W||6.5 W||12 W|
|LNK404/414E/L||2.5 W||5.5 W||6.5 W||15 W|
|LNK405/415E/L||3.8 W||7.0 W||8.5 W||18 W|
|LNK406/416E/L||4.5 W||8.0 W||10 W||22 W|
|LNK407/417E/L||5.5 W||10.0 W||12 W||25 W|
|LNK408/418E/L||6.8 W||13.5 W||16 W||35 W|
|LNK409/419E/L||8.0 W||20 W||18 W||50 W|
|LNK410/420E/L||18 W||31 W||40 W||78 W|
- Continuous power in an open frame with adequate heat sinking at device local ambient of 70 °C.
- Power level calculated on typical LED string voltage with efficiency > 80%.
- Minimum output power with CBP = 10 µF.
- Maximum output power with CBP = 100 µF. LNK4x3EG CBP = 10 µF.
- Package: E: eSIP-7C, L: eSIP-7F.
|RDKs include a working power supply, sample devices, unpopulated pcb, data sheet, comprehensive engineering report, PI Expert design software and other related documentation.|
|RDK-290||>92% Efficient 75 W Power Factor Corrected LED Driver|
|RDK-257||12 W Non-Isolated, Power Factor Corrected, LED Driver|
|RDK-193||7 W, TRIAC-dimmable, High Power Factor (> 0.9), High Efficiency (≥ 81%) LED Driver|
|RDK-195||14 W, TRIAC-dimmable, High Power Factor (> 0.9), High Efficiency (≥ 85%) LED Driver with SCR Damper|
|New Design Examples|
|DER-356||92% Efficiency 24 W T10, Non-Isolated, Power Factor Corrected, LED Driver|
|DER-291||>91% Efficient 150 W, Two Channel, Power Factor Corrected, SSL LED Driver|
|DER-344||12.8 W Constant Current, High Power Factor (>0.9) Tapped Buck LED Driver|
|DER-341||14.5 W Power Factor Corrected (>0.98) TRIAC Dimmable Non-Isolated Buck A19 Lamp Replacement LED Driver|
|DER-340||40.5 W, High Power Factor (>0.95), <5% IOUT Tolerance, Non-Isolated Buck LED Driver|
|DER-318||Low Profile T8 (<10 mm), 23 W, Isolated, Power Factor Corrected, LED Driver|
|DER-314||Constant Current, TRIAC Dimmable, High Power Factor (0.9), 15.3 W Output LED Driver|