SENZero is a compact low cost solution to eliminate losses in resistive signal paths connected between high-voltage rails and switching power supply controller(s). Examples include feedforward or feedback signal paths connected to boost controllers in power factor corrected systems and feedforward signal paths in two switch forward / LLC / half and full bridge converters.
The device is available in 2 (SEN012) and 3 (SEN013) channel versions according to the application’s requirements. The internal gate drive and protection circuitry provides gate drive signals to the internal 650 V MOSFETs in response to the voltage applied to the VCC pin. This simple configuration provides easy integration into existing systems by using the system VCC rail as an input to the SENZero.
The SENZero family uses a low cost compact SO-8 package to reduce PCB area while the pin configuration is designed to meet pin-pin fault conditions.
- Eliminates significant standby losses
- Disconnects unnecessary circuit blocks during standby, remote-off, or light-load conditions
- Ultra low leakage (maximum 1 µA) 650 V MOSFETs
- < 0.5 mW per channel during standby
- Single component provides remote disconnect functionality
- No external components or additional bias supply needed for remote-off
- Integrates multiple disconnect MOSFETs, gate drive, and protection
- Minimal component count provides higher reliability
- Protection features to help production/manufacturing yields
- Pin-to-pin fault and ESD protection
- Triggerable via remote-off signal or load conditions
- Integrated gate pull down circuit protects against loss of trigger signal fault
- Green package technology
- RoHS compliant and halogen free
- Withstands high differential surge conditions
- S1, S2 and S3 interface with controller pins up to 6.5 V above system ground
EcoSmart® – Energy Efficient
- <3 mW loss at 230 VAC in Off/standby mode
- ACDC converters with high-voltage resistive signal paths
- Ideal for all very low standby systems such as those meeting EuP Lot 6 and similar energy efficiency standards