LYTSwitch-2 dramatically simplifies low power CC LED drivers by eliminating the optocoupler and secondary control circuitry. The family introduces a revolutionary control technique to provide very tight output current regulation, compensating for transformer and external component variations, and device parameter tolerances as well as input voltage variations.
The device incorporates a 725 V power MOSFET, a novel ON/OFF control state machine, a high-voltage switched current source for self-biasing, frequency jitter to reduce EMI, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown circuitry into a monolithic IC.
Accurate CC Regulation (< ±3% typical)
- Transformer inductance variation
- External component changes with temperature
- Input line voltage variations – this ensures accurate regulation in production
Highly Reliable, Small Size Designs
- Eliminates the optocoupler and secondary CC control circuitry
- Eliminates control loop compensation circuitry
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
- Programmable switching frequency reduces transformer size
- 725 V Switching MOSFET enables clampless flyback designs
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
- Auto-restart protection reduces power delivered by >90% for output short-circuit and control loop faults (open and short-circuit components)
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown – with automatic recovery
- Reduced field returns
- Meets high-voltage creepage requirements between DRAIN and all other pins both on the PCB and at the package
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
- No-load consumption <30 mW1
- No current sense resistors – maximizes efficiency
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant package
- LED bulbs, downlights, luminaires, ballasts and T8 tubes
|Output Power Table2|
|Enclosed Bulb3||Ballast Driver4|
|LYT2001D||4 W ||5 W|
|LYT2002D||5 W ||6 W|
|LYT2003D||6 W ||7 W|
|LYT2004D||7 W ||8 W|
|LYT2004K/E||9 W||10 W|
|LYT2005K/E||10 W||12 W|
- Nominal input and bias supply applied to BYPASS pin.
- Performance for typical design.
- Maximum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated bulb measured at ±50 °C ambient, device TJ ≤ 100 °C.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking, measured at +50 °C.
- Packages: D: SO-8C, E: eSIP-7C, K: eSOP-12B.
|DER-424||Universal Input, 22 V to 48 V, 180 mA, Isolated LED Driver for External Ballast|
|DER-422||8 W Power Factor Corrected Isolated Flyback, Constant Voltage LED Driver|