LinkZero-AX is an integrated offline switching IC that enables designers to achieve 0.00 Watts of standby energy consumption in auxiliary power supplies. LinkZero-AX features an innovative power-down mode that effectively turns off the auxiliary power supply when the end product is idle or in standby. Power-down mode is triggered by a signal accessible to a microcontroller, completely shutting down internal switch control circuits. However, while in this power-down mode, the bypass pin remains regulated, allowing the LinkZero-AX IC to be awakened with a reset pulse or button press.
When paired with CapZero™ and SENZero™, LinkZero-AX reduces standby power waste in high power products to as low as 5 mW, or effectively zero. Alternatively, while in power down mode, LinkZero-AX offers a simple means of providing up to 500uA at 4V from the regulated BYPASS pin. This current can be used to power a system wake up sensor while in power down mode while the rest of the system is in standby. This functionality, although increasing system standby power consumption, provides a simple means to power a low current sensor without requiring the power supply to switch.
Lowest System Cost with Zero Standby Consumption
- Simple system configuration provides zero consumption standby/power down with user controlled wake up
- Very tight IC parameter tolerances improves system manufacturing yield
- Suitable for low-cost clampless designs
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
- Extended package creepage improves system field reliability
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown protection – automatic recovery reduces field returns
- Universal input range allows worldwide operation
- Auto-restart reduces delivered power by >85% during short-circuit and open loop fault conditions
- Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
- High bandwidth provides fast turn on with no overshoot
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
- Standby/power down consumption less than 3 mW at 230 VAC input*
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations with no added components
- ON/OFF control provides constant efficiency to very light loads
- Ultra low consumption standby and auxiliary supplies
*IEC 62301 Clause 4.5 rounds standby power use below 5 mW to zero.
|Output Power (Watts)|
|PRODUCT2||230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
|Open Frame1||Open Frame1|
|LNK584DG||3 W||3 W|
|LNK584GG||3 W||3 W|
|LNK585DG||4.5 W||4 W|
|LNK585GG||5 W||4.5 W|
|LNK586DG||6 W||5 W|
|LNK586GG||6.5 W||5.5 W|
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heatsinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
- Packages: D: SO-8C, G: SMD-8C.
|DER-260||1.5 W Non-Isolated Flyback Power Supply with 0.00 W Power Down Mode|