Designed for compact LED replacement lamps, LinkSwitch-PL enables very small and low cost TRIAC dimmable, single-stage, power factor corrected, constant current drivers for solid state lighting. LinkSwitch-PL is optimized for direct LED current sensing, operates over a wide input voltage range and delivers output power up to 16 W. Its innovative control algorithm provides flicker-free TRIAC dimming with minimal external components.
Each device incorporates a 725 V rated power MOSFET, a novel discontinuous mode variable frequency/variable on-time controller, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown in a monolithic IC.
Dramatically Simplifies Off-line LED Drivers
- Single-stage power factor correction and accurate constant current (CC) output
- Flicker-free, phase-controlled TRIAC dimming
- Very low component count with small non-electrolytic bulk capacitor
- Completely eliminates control loop compensation
Advanced Performance Features
- Optimized for non-isolated flyback designs
- Fast start-up time
- Frequency jitter greatly reduces EMI filter size and costs
- Low dissipation direct sensing of LED current
Advanced Protection and Safety Features
- Cycle skipping regulation for abnormally low output power to clamp peak output current delivered
- 725 V integrated MOSFET allows small bulk capacitance and maximizes power capability
- Short circuit, overload, open feedback and output overvoltage protection
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Meets high-voltage creepage between DRAIN and all other pins both on PCB and at package
EcoSmart® - Energy-Efficiency Technology
- High power factor optimizes system lumens per input VA
- Control algorithm balances switching and conduction losses over line and load to maintain optimum efficiency
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant package
|Output Power Table|
|LNK460K/V||8 W||16 W|
- Packages: D: SO-8C, K: eSOP-12, V: eDIP-12.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking, measured at +50 °C ambient.
|Device Selection Table
|Device selection based on length of output LED
series string and current. A typical voltage drop
of 3.5 V per LED is assumed.
|350 mA||500 mA||700 mA||1000 mA|
|RDKs include a working power supply, sample devices, unpopulated pcb, data sheet, comprehensive engineering report, PI Expert design software and other related documentation.|
|RDK-251||5 W, TRIAC Dimmable, Power Factor Corrected, Non-Isolated LED Driver|
|RDK-268||1.1 W, Power Factor Corrected, Non-Isolated LED Driver|
|New Design Examples|
|DER-388||9 W High Efficiency (90%) Power Factor Corrected (>0.9) Non-Isolated LED Driver for A19 Lamp Replacement|
|DER-398||4.95 W Non-Dimmable, Non-Isolated Power Factor Corrected LED Driver for GU10 Lamp|
|DER-336||5.8 W TRIAC Dimmable, High Efficient, Non-Isolated, Buck-Boost LED Driver for GU10 Lamp|
|DER-335||4 W High Power Factor NonIsolated Buck-Boost GU10 LED Driver|
|DER-328||10 W PFC TRIAC Dimmable Non-Isolated Buck A19 Lamp Replacement LED Driver|