Lowest System Cost and Advanced Safety Features Provide Superior Performance over Linear and RCC
- Lowest component count switcher
- Very tight parameter tolerances using proprietary IC trimming technology and transformer construction techniques enable Clampless™ designs – decreases component count/system cost and increases efficiency
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown protection – eliminates the thermal fuse used with linear transformers or additional components in RCC designs
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI – enables low cost input filter configuration
- Proprietary E-Shield™ transformer eliminates Y capacitor
- Universal input range allows worldwide operation
- Auto-restart reduces delivered power by >85% during short circuit and open loop fault conditions
- Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
- High bandwidth provides fast turn on with no overshoot and excellent transient load response
- Chargers for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, power tools, MP3/portable audio devices, shavers, etc.
- Standby and auxiliary supplies
|Output Power (Watts)1|
|PRODUCT2||230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
- Output power may be limited by specific application parameters including core size and Clampless operation (see the Key Application Considerations section of the LinkSwitch-LP Family Data Sheet for details).
- Packages: D: SO-8C, P: DIP-8B, G: SMD-8B. See the Part Ordering Information section of the LinkSwitch-LP Family Data Sheet for details.
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at 50 °C ambient.
- Minimum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
|DAK-85||6 V, 2 W AC-DC universal input charger with 64.9% average efficiency and no-load consumption of 140 mW at 265 VAC|
*DAKs/RDKs include a working power supply, sample devices, unpopulated pcb, data sheet, comprehensive engineering report, PI Expert design software and other related documentation.
Visit the Design Examples page for additional circuits using this product family.
|EcoSmart® - Energy Efficiency Technology|