The LinkSwitch-II dramatically simplifies low power CV/CC charger designs by eliminating an optocoupler and secondary control circuitry. The device introduces a revolutionary control technique to provide very tight output voltage and current regulation, compensating for transformer and internal parameter tolerances along with input voltage variations.
The device incorporates a 700 V power MOSFET, a novel On/Off control state machine, a high voltage switched current source for self biasing, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown circuitry onto a monolithic IC.
Dramatically Simplifies CV/CC Converters
- Eliminates Optocoupler and all secondary CV/CC control circuitry
- Eliminates all control loop compensation circuitry
- Dramatically simplifies CV converters
- Enables Clampless™ designs when an external bias circuit is used
Advanced Performance Features
- Compensates for transformer inductance tolerances
- Compensates for input line voltage variations
- Compensates for cable voltage drop (LNK61X series & LNK632)
- Compensates for external component temperature variations
- Very tight IC parameter tolerances using proprietary trimming technology
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
- Even tighter output tolerances achievable with external resistor selection/trimming
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
- Auto-restart protection reduces power delivered by >95% for output short circuit and control loop faults (open and shorted components)
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown – automatic recovery reduces power supply returns from the field
- Meets HV creepage requirements between Drain and all other pins both on the PCB and at the package
EcoSmart® – Energy Efficient
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
- No-load consumption <200 mW at 230 VAC and down to below 30 mW with optional external bias
- On/Off control provides constant efficiency down to very light loads – ideal for CEC and ENERGY STAR 2.0 regulations
- No current sense resistors – maximizes efficiency
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant package
- Chargers for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, MP3/portable audio devices, adapters
- LED drivers, etc.
|Output Power (Watts)|
- Packages: D: SO-8C, G: SMD-8C, P: DIP-8C.
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at +50 °C ambient, device, TJ <100 °C.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heatsinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
|Data Sheets||LNK632DG LNK6X3-LNK6X6|
|RDKs include a working power supply, sample devices, unpopulated pcb, data sheet, comprehensive engineering report, PI Expert design software and other related documentation.|
|RDK-158||LinkSwitch-II Reference Design Kit|
|Design Examples - LED Drivers|
|DER-351||Low Cost, 3 W Output Isolated LED Driver for GU10|
|DER-261||3.6 W (12 V, 300 mA), High Efficiency (≥75%), Isolated LED Driver for GU10|
|DI-206||3.67 W (10.5 V, 350 mA) universal input, constant voltage/constant current (CV/CC) power supply for LED driver applications - flyback configuration|
|DI-185||4.2 W (12 V, 350 mA) universal input, constant voltage/constant current (CV/CC) power supply for LED driver applications - flyback configuration|
|DI-186||4.2 W (12 V, 350 mA) universal input, constant voltage/constant current (CV/CC) power supply for LED driver applications - tapped-inductor non-isolated buck configuration|
|Design Examples - Chargers and Adapters|
|DI-157||2.75 W universal input, constant voltage/constant current (CV/CC) charger|
|DI-158||5 W universal input, constant voltage/constant current (CV/CC) charger|
|DI-159||2.4 W universal input, constant voltage/constant current (CV/CC) Charger/Adapter with 10 kV Common-mode Surge Immunity|