ENERGY STAR Imaging Equipment Update
August 21, 2012 - Last March I reported that the EPA was in the final stages of drafting its ENERGY STAR Imaging Equipment Spec, Version 2.0 (see: ENERGY STAR Imaging Equipment Spec Moves Forward). The latest draft was recently released and includes the following proposed changes.
- Expanded scope of allowable variations within product families
- New digital front end (DFE) definitions as well as a new Ready Mode power requirements for DFEs with and without network-capable Sleep Modes
- Raising the speed at which auto duplexing is required
- Adjusted maximum typical energy consumption (TEC) requirements to allow for a greater selection of products
- Updated data set with recently qualified models and removed models older than 2010
The EPA hopes to finalize the spec by October 2012, with an effective date of July 2013.
A stakeholder webinar was held on August 15, 2012 to present the revisions in the latest draft and to address any questions.
To read the draft in its entirety and to download a copy of the presentation from the webinar, go to: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=revisions.img_equip_spec