Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Innoswitch 4 CZ

Posted by: Pranit on

Hi, 

My questions are pertaining to innoswitch 4 CZ family.

1. Can innoswitch4 CZ series be used without clampZero? Can I ground the HSD pin and use CZ controller?
  2. How to use innoswitch 4 CZ controller without any delay between secondary request and primary switching?
  3. what is the range of switching freq of this family ?
  4. What is the blanking time for pri current sense and what is the min recommended Ton of pri FET?
  5. How is primary  switch duty cycle calculated in PIXIs?

Comments

Submitted by PI-Cylon on 04/26/2024

Hi Pranit,

thank you for considering to use PI products for your design.

I will answer all of your questions, but first I would like to ask if it is possible to use InnoSwitch4-QR instead of InnoSwitch4-CZ in your application. InnoSwitch4-CZ is optimized for use with ClampZero and will provide inferior performance without it. InnoSwitch4-QR is designed to be used without ClampZero and seems to fit your needs better.

Submitted by Pranit on 04/27/2024

Yes the QR variant works for me, but it is not in stock in the US. 

Could you provide alternative means to obtain a few ICs? (samples, evaluation) 

Submitted by PI-Cylon on 05/01/2024

I think that QR is definitely the better choice for your application, as CZ is not meant to be used without ClampZero and, even if you could make it work, you will have big issues with high power dissipation on the device and thermal problems.

PI is working to make these parts available in distribution, but it will take approximately 6 weeks.

However, you should be able to obtain some samples if you contact PI Sales using this form https://www.power.com/company/sales/sales-inquiry